Tuesday, September 24, 2013

What Makes Me Come Alive


I am moved when it comes to improving myself in some form which will make me a more valuable person. I wish to become valuable in a sense that what I do in life affects others in a positive way whether it be instilling in them better morals through their witnessing of my behavior or it be my creation of something which becomes beneficial to the world. So when a person exhibits characteristics of a good hearted person, extremely driven/motivated individual or proves to me he is ridiculously intelligent then my eyes will light up at the chance to learn from him. Therefore, if I come alive when I see a person who exhibits value, then I should go out in an effort to demonstrate similar characteristics. Never should I act in a way that portrays poor morals or a lack of intelligence because who then would wish to follow my example when there are other truly valuable people out there. I do not currently demonstrate many valuable characteristics, I wish to separate myself from those I see little value in so that I may find other individuals whose good examples I can follow. Another alternative to this would be to ignore those who demonstrate little value and simply take after those who act in accordance to how I wish to portray myself. However this is not easily done, there are few people around me who exhibit value and instead of acting as the righteous few, who will more than likely become the immensely valuable person I am striving to become, my will at times is simply not strong enough to avoid acting in accordance to those who set a bad example before me.

Bryson Welch

1 comment:

  1. Bryson,
    I like what you have written here. However, I want to challenge you...
    You talk about how you want to inspire others to act in accordance with you...but you focus on the amount of negative people around you, that you cannot learn from.
    I challenge you...begin acting positively and responsibily. With that attitude, I want you to strive to change the amount of negative people around you to act more positive. You have the power to do so, if you allow yourself to. Rise to the challenge, I know you can succeed.

    - Saani

    ReplyDelete